Friday, June 8, 2007

1998 Audi A4 1.8t quattro

This Audi became my firs project car. It's a car I will never forget as it really got me involved in the scene. I met a lot of people because of this car, many of whom I still call friends. It was fun taking this car to shows, races, or just a cruise with the gang.

The car was definitely one-of-a-kind. I had almost everything planned out before I even took possession of this special order. After getting the car, it was all about sourcing these hard to get parts. From the first set of dual round headlamp conversion in North America paired with Euro S4 crystal clear corner lamps, to Euro-spec taillamps that lit-up amber through a red-looking rear lense that my sister personally brought back for me on her trip. Painted gauge surrounds, custom two-tone leather interior, and so many other parts to make this car unique.

Of course, the standard mods also applied to this car. Full custom 3" cat-back exhaust, lowering springs and upgrades shocks, custom designed cold-air intake, large 18" wheels, ECU reprogramming, and a turbo upgrade. It was a 3400lb VIP-style Euro saloon before VIP became a style. But one that can run low 15 second 1/4 mile times with AWD and a slush-box powered by a fuel sipping 1.8L inline 4.